The outcome

We finally agreed that I handed over our Cessna 172 to Guido Peterzelka and his wife as he needs to be back in Luxembourg on Tuesday morning at latest.

We have some spare tickets left for a regulair airline flight to Luxembourg, so the decision is taken that Guido and his family fly the Cessna back on Eastern Sunday towards Luxembourg. The weather was a bith rough in Avignon ( 2!5 kts of headwind with gusts to 40 kts) , but Guido managed to land the Cessna safely in Luxembourg at sunset. 
Next weekend, he returns to Fayence with a regular airline together with a technician in order to fix his plane and fly it back to Luxembourg. Let’s cross fingers it all works out for Guido. 
My Eastern 2017 journey ends somewhat different than what we planned, but it was a memorable vacation which I’ll never forget.

Changing plans !

It is no option that Guido Peterzelka continues his flight to Luxembourg in his Beech Bonanza. If the engines heats up again without the oil pump seal issue being properly adressed, he could eventually in the worst case get fire on board as oil can ignite because of the heat. He made several calls with his co-owners and technical support. His plane stays grounded in Fayence till next weekend, that’s for sure.

So our stay in Fayence takes a different turn, the Eastern bells nevertheless passed on Sunday bringing eggs ro the kids. In the mean time, we enjoyed some good moments together visiting the Saturday morning fresh market in Fayence. Wonderful place, I like it a lot.